Our Mission & Vision
Our mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
Our vision is that all youth achieve their full potential.
We partner with parents/guardians, volunteers and others in the community and hold ourselves accountable for each child in our program achieving:
- Higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships
- Avoidance of risky behaviors
- Educational success
Our Strategic Plan
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Minnesota has an active strategic plan for growth covering all aspects of our operations. Below is a brief outline of our core strategic areas and goals.
- Program Development & Growth
- Increase the number of youth and volunteers served yearly
- Support diverse people through mentorship of youth and high quality leadership experiences
- Increase the number of youth who participate in College & Career Readiness Activities each year
- Quality & Operations
- Work toward being the premier volunteer experience
- Increase business partnerships and service club partnerships
- Increase the average match length of our matches
- Increase the number of Bigs who remain involved with the agency after their match
- Improve our marketing impact and visibility
- Staff & Board: Recruitment, Engagement & Development
- Recruit exceptional and diverse team members
- Encourage exceptional staff to remain and develop their full potential
- Recruit exceptional and diverse board members
- Finance & Philanthropy
- Enhance prospect research and database capabilities
- Have an engaged, effective Advancement Committee
- Increase our funding received and diversify funding sources
- Have a schedule of events that engage different demographics and lead to increased funding, awareness and individual giving.
- Build an investment account for guaranteed future income