Our Mission & Vision
Our mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
Our vision is that all youth achieve their full potential.
We partner with parents/guardians, volunteers and others in the community and hold ourselves accountable for each child in our program achieving:
- Higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships
- Avoidance of risky behaviors
- Educational success
Our Strategic Plan
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Minnesota has an active strategic plan for growth covering all aspects of our operations. Below is a brief outline of our core strategic areas and goals.
- Program Development & Growth
- Increase the number of youth and volunteers served yearly
- Support diverse people through mentorship of youth and high quality leadership experiences
- Increase the number of youth who participate in College & Career Readiness Activities each year
- Quality & Operations
- Work toward being the premier volunteer experience
- Increase business partnerships and service club partnerships
- Increase the average match length of our matches
- Increase the number of Bigs who remain involved with the agency after their match
- Improve our marketing impact and visibility
- Staff & Board: Recruitment, Engagement & Development
- Recruit exceptional and diverse team members
- Encourage exceptional staff to remain and develop their full potential
- Recruit exceptional and diverse board members
- Finance & Philanthropy
- Enhance prospect research and database capabilities
- Have an engaged, effective Advancement Committee
- Increase our funding received and diversify funding sources
- Have a schedule of events that engage different demographics and lead to increased funding, awareness and individual giving.
- Build an investment account for guaranteed future income
At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central MN, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is an integral part of our values and mission. We recognize, affirm, and celebrate the diverse backgrounds, lives, and experiences of our stakeholders, including youth, families, board members, donors, volunteers, and staff. We ensure the opportunity for voices and perspectives to be heard and honored. In the community, we foster an environment where people can be their best selves.
We affirm that every person [regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, gender expression, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, marital or veteran status] has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We strive to realize the full potential that is within all of us by ensuring that voices and perspectives are heard and honored.